Any business, be in the growing stage or fully operational stage, always needs proper and reliable storage for their important official documents. As and when the businesses grow a definite need of moving all the archived documents to more secure offsite storage arises.
There are many companies and reputable firms like Kenwood document storage Montreal that offer world class secure and dependable document storage facilities.
But what becomes tricky is choosing the right service for your requirements. Most of the companies offer almost similar services, and they all promise the highest level of confidentiality and security.
But it is important that you are well informed in advance so that you are not stung by surprises like hidden costs. Mentioned below are 5 tips for choosing reliable offsite document storage.
1. Check if they offer insurance along with replacement of documents in case of unexpected disasters. Most of the competent companies will have enough technology and procedures for prevention of disasters, to be on the safer side it is always important to check what kind of insurance they offer. This is crucial as you know that some natural disasters can uproot anything and everything.
2. Always check if they offer money-back guarantee in case you don’t like their services. Before you sign the dotted lines, you are likely to hear only what you want to hear from document storage companies. But it can happen that once you are bound by a contract, you may not like some of services offered by them. So make sure you get a 30 days window after signing the contract so that you can change your mind if you don’t like the services. This will ensure you don’t have to settle for second services you are satisfied with.
3. Take a good look at the methods the company uses for securing your documents. The one and only thing that is most important for the document storage company is to keep the documents secure. Make sure the company is under CCTV surveillance and there are enough security guards to safeguard your documents.
4. You must make sure that the company allows you accessing the documents 24/7 all through the year. If they charge you for any kind of priority access you know which way to head. After storing your documents the one comfort you need is accessing your documents as and when you need without shelling out anything extra. The storage company shouldn’t decide when you can access your own documents.
5. Pricing is an important deciding factor while finalizing with the right offsite document storage company. As there is enough economic turbulence already you wouldn’t want to shell out anything extra unnecessarily towards such storage facilities. That said low price shouldn’t be low quality service as in that case whatever you spend may be of no use at all. So make sure you get the right balance in terms of pricing and the quality of service that you get in exchange.